Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Laura!


I wanted to post a tribute to my sweet sister, Laura, today for her birthday. From the time I was young, Laura has been the cool, older sister. Somehow she knew all about boys, music, clothes and lipgloss... all the necessities of childhood and female adolesence. Sometimes she would impart her wisdom to us. I distinctly remember her lecture on kissing. "Don't give kisses away like pretzels... if you do, that is what they will become like.. pretzels." I still don't really know what that means, but through her words, it became gospel. I loved to cruise around town in her Subaru Justy and listen to Erasure and Def Leopard. Although I am seven years her junior, I never felt uncool or too young to party. She was alwasy the beauty of the family with the coolest clothes and makeup.
Today, we continue to be close and share a special sisterly bond. She still loves to share her advice and knowledge, although now it is more about mothering and grown up things. I still love to ask for it and listen. I am so happy you were born and I love you! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Pinks & Blues said...

Your love for your sister just jumps off the page. It is so wonderful to see and feel how you cherish your sisterly bond. I envy you because I don't have a sister. And my husband doesn't have a sister... we are surrounded by guys! I do have to say that I am immensely blessed to have my beautiful 2 daughters, who are my special "sisters"... !! Again, what a beautiful tribute from you!

Sharon - Pinks & Blues

Rachel said...

See? This is exactly the bond that I hope my children have as adults. Your relationship is beautiful!

pinkmorning said...

i love the tribute and i love Laura!

Gustogirl said...

Thanks so much for those sweet words! They were so sweet! I almost feel like I don't deserve so much praise. I feel blessed to be your sister!(as well as all of my sisters!)

selfstarter said...

and brothers, right Laura? Rachel, you and Julie inspired me to post a new entry on my blog.