Thursday, August 23, 2007

Caramel Praline French Toast

This morning I woke up, showered, and did my make up and my hair. For what did I go to all this effort you may ask... my neighbor invited a couple girls from the ward over for some breakfast, and being pretty new, I thought that I would try to get ready for the occasion. Very seldom these days do I find myself applying makeup, but the prospect of meeting some new friends in the ward was reason enough.

(quick rant)Here is the thing... I am punctual by nature. I can't stand tardiness, especially when a meal is involved. So, I was five minutes early (not too early in estimation), but a couple girls didn't show and the guest was 20 minutes late! I sort of felt stupid, sitting there with my lip gloss and mascara just waiting for the party to start. It was nice that I was able to prepare some fot he breakfast, and I got to talk with my friend one on one for a bit, and that was pleasant as well.

Anyway, she had prepared the best breakfast! It was so good. It was cramel praline Baked French Toast. I had never had anything like it before so yummy with a crispy, melty coating and yummy french toast inside.
I got the recipe and I am sharing it with all of you!

5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 C milk
1 C half & half cream
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 (1 pound) loaf french bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
---1/2 C butter, melted
1 C light brown sugar
2 T maple syrup
1 C chopped pecans or walnuts
1. in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Dip bread slives into egg mixture and place in light greased baking pan. Refrigerate overnight.2. the next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.3. in a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup and nuts. spoon mixture over bread.4. bake in preheated oven until golden, about 40 mimutes. let stand 5 minutes before serving.serves 8

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that looks so good. I will have to try that since it looks like a good easy breakfast that you can prepare the night before and then the next morning when the family is wanting food you only have minimal preparation and you aren't standing by the stove with every slice.

Suzanne said...

Oh My Goodness that sounds soooooo good. I am going to make that this weekend. YUMMMMMMM!!!!

selfstarter said...

I want to have that French toast right now. I love gourmet breakfast food.

shauna said...

Oh, yum!