Saturday, August 18, 2007

The big O-N-E



I can scarcely believe that it has been a year since I gave birth to my baby boy. There is no way to express how much my life and capacity to love have changed and grown. Who would have thought that the arrival of one little human could turn one's world completely upside down. A year ago, I was chasing deals and making sales, lunching with colleagues, and making career ambitions. Now, most days are full of cleaning up the same toys everyday, changing diapers, and wiping faces (well, the same cute face, several times a day). Even though my life is different and the old me was afraid that motherhood would equal monotany, it feels like the world is new again. This year has been an amazing journey and we wanted to celebrate JJ's first year in style.
It was so fun to be able to celebrate with so many members of our family. Here are the cousins from left to right: Madison age 3, Mitchell age 1, Clark age 4, Joel age 1, Kate age 5, JJ age 1. Blondies all in a row.JJ loved the cake: chocolate on chocolate (let's not talk about the diaper that followed this diddy). It was just for him, we served something else to the other party-goers. Minus the red eye, I love this picture. He looked so cute in his "big Kahuna" outfit.Daddy even dressed the part in his Hawaiian garb. Here they are opening one of his many gifts. This kid was seriously spoiled.
We had such a blst at his party, thanks to everyone who was able to come.

5 comments:

the daily knack said...

The cake turned out really nice!

It's amazing how much all of the "cousins" resemble each other!

Jayna & Fam said...

This blog thing is so fun- I love hearing and leaving little blips in peoples' worlds! Your boy is very cute with his spiked hair! What a birthday! Good going hostess!

Absolutely Bananas said...

ohhh! what a cutie! Happy Birthday JJ!

thekirnancrib said...

awww... the hair is too much!

Michaela said...

That sounds like such a kick! I wish I could've have been there to see all the cousins! They are all growing up so fast. Kate is actually 6 I am pretty sure. Shows how fast they grow up. Like you said, it seem weird a year ago was so different.