Tuesday, July 10, 2007

EdZOOcation

Today Lindsey from The Daily Knack and her cute Porter invited JJ and I (maybe I sort of invited myself)to go to the Zoo. We had such a fun time. JJ was very interested in the goldfish (not the actual fish, but the snacks we had packed.) It had been a really long time since I had been the Hogle Zoo. I was impressed with all the enhancements they have made.
As we entered the zoo, we saw signs promoting the "ghost of the Bayou," a white crocodile that called the zoo home. He was pretyt ugly looking, apparantly these crocs had been almost extinct until some eggs were found and hatched. Pretty cool. (it was hard to get a good picture through the glass.)Next, we made our way over to the "Elephant Encounters" exhibit. We learned a lot about elephants. Our zoo has three of them. I took this picture of JJ right by the elephant skull to show how big it was.. Incredible!
We had a great view of the Rhino.. Up Close and Personal.
As a child, I always loved the monkey display the most, and today they did not disappoint. The great apes were lounging in the shade, the lemurs were huddled together, and the multi-colored faced-ones were giving us mean looks. Here is a picture of JJ and Porter doing their best gorilla impersonations..
We took the Train around the zoo and saw some other neat animals, like bald eagles, and bobcats, but time and tempers were running short, so we had just enough time for a snack. JJ LOVED the pudding Lindsey brought to share.

10 comments:

time-for-a-paws said...

That sounds so much fun! JJ is growing so much everyday. He is such a cutie! I bet I have been to the Hogle Zoo but I don't remeber.

the daily knack said...

I can't believe you invited yourself. I also can't believe how much your Acura makes my car seem like it was made in the 80's. ;)

The Zoo was tons of fun. I especially liked it when Porter gave JJ a kiss.

spammon said...

The croc looks cool. Looks like you guys had alot of fun. The monkeys are by far the best!

Gustogirl said...

Looks like sooo much fun. I wish I could have taggeed along too! Too much fun!!

shauna said...

How I miss Hogle Zoo--it has BIG animals. Here in Idaho Falls we do have lions, and that's as big as they get. I love the giraffes, elephants, and, CROCS! (None of which lives here.) We'll have to make a trip to Utah now just to visit Hogle Zoo...

pinkmorning said...

what a fun day! i was just telling dave last week that i would like to go to the zoo soon...we may wait until September though when it cools a bit...you are a brave group to brave the heat!

lys said...

OH MY GOODNESS! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! I was there today too!! I wonder if our paths crossed!!???? They must have!!!

time-for-a-paws said...

You know the maze on Harry Potter? (replying from another message) It was actually real and it really did move. The acter that played Cedric Digory said that he really was scared for his life (he is the one who dies)

Beanie said...

I think it is cute that JJ loved the pudding and the goldfish the most. I love days at the zoo with the kids.

Erin said...

The zoo is great. The last time we went (May 2006) the kids loved all the animals and couldn't get enough. This time (May 2007) we paid the entrance fee so they could play at the zoo playground. That was all they wanted to do! The ghost was cool though.