Thursday, July 12, 2007

Not TOO late?


Now this is cutting it close.. I am fully aware of this fact, but I just got back from a fund trip down memory lane.. so what better day to post about then <> Throwback Thrusday hosted by P&B girls!

About a week ago, my sister, Pinkmorning, called me and asked when she could take me out for a night on the town for my birthday. We decided taht Thursday would be best, and we both anxiously anticipated our gathering. Although we live in the same valley, our schedules are such taht we rarely get together, just the two of us. Anyway, my sister has always made a BIG deal out of my birthday (we are all traditionally, birthday boobs). This year was no exception. She took me to one of our favorite hotspots, SuperSalad. As we sat down she handed me a brightly colored bag. I opened up a beautiful black picture frame with two framed pictures of the cutest best friends/sisters you had ever seen. (it was us as children). Part of the reason this meant so much to me is that I have ZERO pictures of myself or my family from my childhood. HOw this came to be is beyond me, I usually cannot participate in TT because of this sad fact. Anyway, throughout dinner we talked about our schemes and adventures we had as young girls. We were always best friends growing up and often chose friends who were sisters so that we could hang out with friends and each other at the same time. We used to dress up in whatever we could scrounge together.. old Easter hats, tattered aprons, and my particular favorite.. leotards! We loved to make up dances and act like Annie's Orphans. We would sing "it's a hard knock life" at the top of our lungs, and belt Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All." I love my sister and what she always meant to me. Thanks, Julie for a fabulous birthday celebration! It really meant a lot. I love you.... pressure's on for your Big Day next week!

7 comments:

Gustogirl said...

Sounds like a fun evening. I wish I could have been there! Have fun the next few days!

pinkmorning said...

thanks for going out with me! i had such a fun time. Happy Birthday! Have fun in Florida...

shauna said...

What a great relationship! You'll have to scan that picture for next week. :) I have to say, from what I know, you sisters are the best. Your family must be special.

Candace said...

love my sissie too. talk ten million times a day. wish we lived closer.
your kidoodle is adorable. you have a beautiful fam.
thanks for the post at my site....

pinks & blues girls said...

What a great birthday gift! You had me laughing because my sister and I would also make up dances and skits and put on "concerts" while singing into our microphones (hairbrushes!) for the family. Great memories!!

Sisters rule!

Thanks for sharing this!

Jane, P&B Girls

lys said...

Happy (very) Belated Birthday!!

Beanie said...

We will do something about your not having tons of pictures of yourself from childhood.