Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Mother Nature's Carpet

I just love looking outside now. Where there was dirt, today there is life. On Saturday, we laid our sod and just like unrolling green carpet, our outdoor space came alive. The truck showed up around 7:00 am. We could not belive how much sod was delivered. about 18 pallets worth!
Here is Jeremy tying his shoes getting ready for a big day of work.
We have been diligently watering in order to soak our sod and allow it to take root.
I am excited as I come down the stairs in the morning and get a peak at the grass outside. OUr yard is so much larger than I thought. Somehow, the grass lends itself to our perspective and we are able to see the size better. We have "enjoyed" 100 degree weather here in Utah, and so the grass came sort of dried out.It is greening up nicely, though, and soon we will ahve a lawn for JJ and I to run on.

3 comments:

the daily knack said...

next year you can add the pool!

Gustogirl said...

Love the grass. You guys worked hard and it looks good!!

shauna said...

Congrats! I bet it feels good to have grass (and WAY before JJ was old enough to track dirt inside). Enjoy!