Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Baby's First Haircut


On Saturday JJ got his very first haircut!
I thought it would be much harder than it ended up being. He was such a good boy.. just sat still while our hair girl chopped off his beautiful hair. Admittedly, I was a little sad as I watched his hair, like spun gold, fall to the floor. Hey.. I thouth.. I MADE that! JJ's haricut got me thinking about all of the times that he will ahve his haircut in the future. Not only that, but all of the things that he will experience under that hair. With his first birthday just around the corner, I have become a little nostalgic about his life. I know it is just at its genesis, but it feels like with every passing day he grows and learns more, becoming more and more independent. It is exciting to watch, but a little tender as I know that he will continue to need me less and less with every passing year! Funn yenough, I NEVER thought that I would be this way. Being a very independent person myself, when I was expecting him, I was certain that having a little person share my every waking moment would be a trial to get used to. He is such a joy and mkaes my life feel more complete. I just wish that I could bottle his giggles, and bronze his smiles. They raise me up daily. Speaking of.. better go play with him.

Have a nice day!

10 comments:

the daily knack said...

His hair cut looks great!

I have been feeling the same way about Porter. Hoping I haven't taken too much of his life for granted. He has started pushing my hands away when I try to help him, it is bittersweet!

Absolutely Bananas said...

CUTIE PIE!!!

Gustogirl said...

I hope you saved some of his hair from his first haircut. Such a cutie, I am excited to see him!!

Rachel said...

I have said it before and I will say it again...what a gorgeous child you have. Prepare to lock him up away from the ladies when the time comes.

pinkmorning said...

what a doll! you give him hugs and kisses from his aunt julie.

thekirnancrib said...

i still can't get over those eyes! good job making them, too. :)

shauna said...

Everybody is saying it, but I gotta say it too--what an adorable boy! Those eyes are so striking.

The first haircut is a fun milestone. Lucky you, there are so many more ahead!

BigLoser said...

Absolutely gorgeous and very photogenic! Kinda looks like he is posing for the camera there!!!

Awwwwwwww...now I want one!

Tip Junkie said...

His haircut looks great! My little one is 16 months old and won't sit still for a hair cut. Needless to say, he desperately needs one. I'm glad his went so well.

lys said...

JJ gets even cuter (is it possible?) with every picture you post. What a doll!