Monday, July 9, 2007

Aquatic Freedom


Anyone who reads my ramblings here knows that I love to take JJ swimming. Recently, I found the GREATEST floaty device in the world. Dramatic enough for you? I love this floaty because the baby is completely enclosed and safe. There is even a little pillow for him to rest his head on. You can literally just let him float ( while obviously, staying in the water close by). Before I purchased the "my baby float," I was so anxious taking JJ swimming, always monitoring hischin to water distance, etc. Furthermore, the water clearly doesn't make us completely weightless, as my arms would quickly fatigue from the load I was carrying. When I saw this at WalMart for 3 dollars, I thought "what the heck." Turned out to be one of the best purchases for me this summer by far! I am sure many of you are much smarter moms than I am and have something even better, but I love this and for anyone looking for aquatic freedom with a little one, belly up to the bar and get your float on!

9 comments:

the daily knack said...

Aquatic freedom is a beautiful thing. Porter will usually hang out in his floaty for awhile, then he gets sick of it. Maybe he has A.D.D. ;)

Before we got our floaty we used to have to take turns holding him while he tried to dunk his own head under the water. Thank goodness for floaties!

pinkmorning said...

i am glad you and jj have such a fun time together at the pool...

time-for-a-paws said...

That is so fun to find such a great thing like that for such a good price. I love that picture you have of Jeremy and JJ up with there jerseys on. JJ has the cutest cheeks and smile!

Erin said...

We have one almost exactly like that and I love it--especially when you are in a real pool. We just go to the ones with the kiddie pools now. But we found a great splash pool that's deep enough so they feel like they are in the pool but not so deep that you worry about them too much. We forgot the floaty last time so we had to take turns with the baby. We won't forget again!

Gustogirl said...

Those are the best. We had one for Kate, but I am not sure where it got to. I should go buy another one for Joel.

erin said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i can always use another blog to read. and yes, Oh's! is simply the greatest, with out without milk. oh yeah, i LOVE the picture of your baby with the pasties. absolutely hysterical.

pinks & blues girls said...

Great review! how great that you are exposing JJ to the water at such a young age!

Jane, P&B Girls

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

Thanks for this great recommendation. This summer - as scary as this is, it is true - I have seen 3 kids in our swim clubs kiddie pool dunk under and have such difficultly getting up - and they ALL had on these awful bubbles. These bubbles that attach to the swim suit - they little tykes were too small and not strong enough to get themselves back up after they fell forward in the water! It was horrendous and thank GOD everyone was alright... it just made me so scared!!! This device looks SO MUCH BETTER and SO MUCH SAFER!!
- Audrey
Pinks & BLues Girls

shauna said...

What a great recommendation! And for three bucks--what a steal. Summer swimming with little guys is so fun. Enjoy!