Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wolf Creek

What a marvelous weekend. Some friends of ours have a vacation home in Eden, Utah at the Wolf Creek Resort. The project name is the Fairways (pictured above) and is located on the peak of the hill at teh base of Powder Mountain Ski resort. This home was a beautiful 5000 + square foot home with accomadations for over 20 and we really enjoyed our getawy there.


Saturday was the birthday of one our friends, and in order to celebrate, the girls did Hot Rocks Massages at the "SPA" there. I realized something about myself. I LOVE to spa. I love pedicures, facials, massages, and if I were to try them, I am sure I would love a body wrap.


The Hot Stone massage in an intersting concept. Apparantly this practice began in Ancient Egypt, where it was believed that the stones had the special ability to connect with you muscle and soothe them. I have to say, there was something particulary pleasing to having hot, hot rocks rubbed in to your back and muscles. The rocks are pretty hot, but I have to say, that it truly feels as if your tension is literally melting away.
JJ did amazingly well (as always). He did not make one peep the entire trip. He loved being around our friends and their babies. He is so social and just a delight. We are so blessed to have him in our life. He could not be more relaxed and easy going. Over all, we had a great trip. It was the perfect getaway.

6 comments:

Julie Ann said...

glad you had a fun time! i have always wondered about those hot stone massages...

Gustogirl said...

Sound like you had a good time! I need to get myself one of those hot stone massages!!!

Beanie said...

What a great concept--letting your tension and stress just melt away.

the daily knack said...

going to the spa sounds heavenly, I am glad you got to go enjoy yourself!

the daily knack said...

going to the spa sounds heavenly, I am glad you got to go enjoy yourself!

pinks & blues girls said...

Perfect getaway, indeed! Wow, I am so envious of you! If you get another invite and can't make it, I guess I could take your place!!! :)

Haha!

Glad you had a great time!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls