Monday, June 25, 2007

WARNING: Not for the Faint of Heart

My sister said that I would just know the difference when it happened.. and boy did I ever. My darling son got sick this weekend... I mean REALLY sick. We were in St Geroge for the weekend staying at Jeremy's parent's condo. I woke up in the middle of the night to baby gagging. Terrified, I ran to his crib and picked him out of a puddle of ...well... puke (I told you it wasn't for the faint of heart.) He was so tired that he remained asleep but every few minutes his little head would roll back and he would heave some up. Obviously, I was wide awake (you always hear about babies choking on their vomit) and caught all the throw up in a towel. He spent the night in my arms that way. It was awful, but, by morning he seemed a little better. We thought it was just indigestion. The next day Jeremy held JJ inside Arbys and was drenched within a few moments.

Does this photo not qualify for Father of the Year or what? My brother in law and were laugh ing so hard that we had to take a picture. Jeremy was such a good sport, he even smiled for the camera. Poor JJ though, look at his eyes.

That night all hell broke loose as each and everyone of us staying in the condo got deathly ill. After I got sick and actually KNEW how he felt, I was heartbroken for little JJ. He is honestly such a good sport.

10 comments:

selfstarter said...

Sorry that you were all sick. It stinks when babies are sick and there is little you can do.

Love the pic. It reminds me of several stories. Oh, the joys of fatherhood.

Gustogirl said...

Oh yes, spit-up and throw up are worlds apart aren't they? I am so sorry that JJ was so sick, but I am sorry that all of you guys got so sick too. How horrible!! I hope you are starting to feel better. I hate that kind of sick!!!! I wish I were there to help in some way.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Oh, how heartbreaking that must have been for you. What a fantastic Mommy and Daddy little JJ has. I am so glad he - and all of you - are feeling better. Hugs to your little guy!

Jane, P&B Girls

Rachel said...

seriously...the worst thing, ever, about having kids---sickness. I never knew I could worry that much about another human being! I hope you have all started feeling better by now.

John Kaiser said...

That happened to my daughter, my wife, my father-in-law and myself back in March. It was awful. My daughter threw up for two days straight. She couldn't keep a thing down, and neither could any of us. Watching us all try to take care of each other was a pitiful site.

the daily knack said...

oh my goodness! that is terrible. I am impressed that jeremy posed for a picture. I think Ammon would have given me a death look had I asked for a photo at that moment.

Sorry you guys all got sick!

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

pinkmorning said...

so sorry you guys are sick. how lousy. i hope you are feeling better soon! i also loved the picture. looks like JJ isn't the only good sport...

shauna said...

You can tell he's a trooper. Just look at those blue eyes, so calm. I hope you're all feeling better!

Absolutely Bananas said...

oh no that is truly horrible. we had that happen once... while on vacation in Kauai!!... it was such a nightmare. Hope you're all feeling better!