Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Open Letter

To Whom it May Concern:

Where is the complaint department? I am in serious need of a rant. Listen, I know that there will always be someone more sick, more angry, or more important than me to worry about. However, as a first time mother, when I have a sick baby, I better be able to get a call back! I pay my premuims and copays, I go to my well-child checkups, I even immunize my child to the hilt. Is it really too much to ask that when I have a question that I not be treated like an vicariously-hypocondriatic- basket case? Honestly, Medical Industry... get your act together!
Nothing makes me angrier than seeing my son hurt or ill. He is so small he doesn't know what is going on. He smiles thorugh it with glazed-over eyes. Always the good sport. Please... tell me how to make his fever go down, or let me soak up the sickness so that he gets better.

6 comments:

Gustogirl said...

I am so sorry that JJ is sick, it is so hard to see them suffer! I hope his fever goes down soon and that he is better by tomorrow!!

Beanie said...

It is always much faster to call your mother than the doctor! It is hard to see your little one sick.

lys said...

There are few things more stressful than sick children and non-helpful doctors. I'm sorry that you are dealing with both!

shauna said...

I've SO been there. I'm sure that I drove the doctor crazy with my constant appointments and phone calls. My little guy was just 9 months old, lathargic, and had stopped drinking liquids. FINALLY, our ped had us go get X-Rays at the hospital. 13 attempts at an IV later, he was admitted and on his way back to well. Kaleb had influenze AND pneumonia. They may get annoyed--but often that mother's instinct more spot-on than a degree in medicine. Do don't let up!

I hope your little guy gets better soon!

Julie Ann said...

poor little guy. i hope JJ is on the mend...

Anonymous said...

Rub some dirt on it.......then send him out to play golf with your husband.