Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Misunderstandings

Jer: Rachel, hurry, come quick.

star: ---just getting in the shower--What?

Jer:--showered already, in the garage-- get me shorts and a shirt as fast as you can.

star: why?

Jer: there is a theif in our yard.

star:---scrambling to find his clothes, pretty nervous-- OH no! where is he?

Jer: who?

star: the theif in our yard

Jer: I said there is a LEAK in our yard.

I was a little tired, and I think that I was imagineing a catburglar, dressed in black, with a skimask lurking in our yard. Sadly, I was wrong. We just had our sprinklers installed, and sure enough, a pipe has been leaking for quite sometime. This morning we woke up to a flooded backyard.

Still, I guess it is better than a theif in our yard.

4 comments:

Julie Ann said...

sorry about your leak, but i agree that it is better...

Gustogirl said...

It didn't get into the house at all I hope(The leak, not the thief). My first thought is always a thief too, hahaha. That's a funny story.

Beanie said...

Makes me laugh. I think I hate leaks even more than thieves. They've cost me more over the years.

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

OMG! I would have done the same thing! I probably would have come barreling out the door with a knife and a spray bottle of Windex to fight a thief off!
LOL
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls