Thursday, June 7, 2007

You KNOW this isn't her Real Hair

When I was pretty young my sister and I went to stay for a couple weeks at our cousin's house in Boise. We had fun-filled days of playing and swimming. Our cousin, Shayna, was a particular hoot, always making up dances, songs, and cheers. She had a swimsuit just like this leopard one and I think it was her favorite outfit. We all were in our swimsuits all day everyday... you know how kids do that?? What would it be like to still be that carefree? On the rare occasion I get into a swimsuit, I am in it for the shortest length of time neccessary to accomplish my in-water tasks/activities.

When I saw this picture I could not help but laugh because this littel girl reminded me of that time to a tee. She is clearly all dressed up and ready to go, but having a blast! Goal: spend less time in swim suit worrying and more time in swim suit playing.

7 comments:

the daily knack said...

holy crap! I thought that was you at first. j/k!

I was one of those girls that stayed in my swimsuit all day, sometimes with melvins.

Ahh, the good old days!

LikeAstaR said...

Melvins, wedgies. whatever.. the point is, we had them.. life was still grand.

Julie Ann said...

it really is a hilarious picture rach.

Gustogirl said...

I heard a hilarious new term for a snuggie, melvin what have you. The other day we were at a friend's house swimming and one of the girls fit this description pretty well. HUNGRY BUNS! Hahahaha, I had never heard that term before and I thought it was hilarious! Our cousin really did live in that swimsuit, I remember by the end of the summer it was so raggedy, and worn out.

Beanie said...

I'm for the old swimsuits that go down to your knees!

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

That is a GREAT picture!

One of my fondest and most vivid childhood memories is when my sister and I were at my Nana's house on a really hot day and we wanted to run through my Nana's sprinklers. Since we didn't have any bathing suits there, my Nana put us in her underwear and closepinned them around our shoulders (that's how small we were at the time)! She took pictures because we looked so funny, and since her underwear was a "nude" color, we looked completely naked. We had such a great time. Talk about enjoying being in a swim suit!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

shauna said...

What a hoot! That picture is just classic.

And I love Pinks & Blues Girls' comment. That image of a little girl closepinned in her granny's underwear will have me chuckling all day. Thanks!