Wednesday, May 9, 2007

YUMMY YUMMY


Anyone who knows me, knows I love the Body for Life program, which includes the Eating for Life meal plan. Although, i am not as dedicated as I wish, I never feel better than when I am deating Healthily, and working out properly, I thought that I would shar a yummy recipe that we made last night, inspired by one of Bill Phillip's recipes. It is good and good FOR you..that is a One- two punch. It is perfect for us, becasue I usually have all the ingredients. The one weird thing is Hoisen sauce, but you probably don't HAVE to have it.


CARRIBEAN/SOUTHWEST Pork Terderloin.

Pork Tenderloin

3 tbls Hoisen Sauce (Asian food section)

EVOO (Extra virgina olive oil for non- Rachel Ray watchers)

Kosher Salt

Fresh ground black pepper

Lime

avacados

onion

red bell pepper

cilantro

Brown rice


Place the pork on a broiler pan, season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake it in a 450 degree preheated oven for ten minutes. While that is baking, prepare the mixutre of hoisen sauce and EVOO. After ten minutes, pull it out of the overn and coast the pork with the sauce. Place it back in the 450 degree oven until cooked. This could take anywhere from 20 additional minutes on up depending on the size of your cut.


While that is baking, mix avacado, onion, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and lime in a bowl and place in the fridge for the flavors to marry.


Cook rice according to directions.


We put the pork, salsa mixture and rice altogether. The pork was so juicy and tender, we loved it! We had so much leftover pork, I shred it and put it in the crockpot with BBQ sauce the next day for pulled pork and rice/sandwiches, etc.


Try it! I hope you like it.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

That is a good recipe. We had the Chili Rellenos a few nights ago, it was good also!

Gustogirl said...

I do need to switch up what I make. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Beanie said...

We'll try it!