Wednesday, May 23, 2007

From Wishlist to Reality

Anyone who reads my random ramblings here has probably noticed that I really want an Acura MDX. This is sort of my dreamcar as it is stylish, reliable, and big enough to grow into. Anyway, While we were gone, one of Jeremy's commercail clients obtained one and we have been entertaining the thought of buying it. The price is awesome, and becasue it is a 2006, we could really drive it forever. I just want to be prudent, and as I was thinking about it last night, I thought that I sort of just want it for vanity reasons. My car is sort of a piece, and I want to have something nice. Sure I coudl say, I need something bigger, more reliable, and safer, but really inside, is it because I want to pull up in something envogue? Honestly, I can't seperate the two in my mind. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

linlin said...

Here's my thought. I think if you want the car bad enough and you guys can afford it, it will be worth it. If you know you hate your car and think it is a piece, you will regret not getting the new car. Saying that it really does come down to you guys wanting to have more of a payment.

I know what you mean about having a more stylish up to date car. I really do love my car, the other day it dawned on me that my car is a 2000. 7 Years old! Wouldn't it be fun to get something new (a new maxima, a sequoia, or an armada)... I just know that Ammon and I can't afford the extra amount of car payment right now so that is killing my ideas of being envouge.

I guess I will get my dream car someday!

I say if you can afford it you should go for it.

Gustogirl said...

The very fact that you are questioning your motive says that you aren't going to make a rash decision based solely on "envogueness". Weigh the options(financially) and then if it works, I say do it. It isn't inherently wrong to have a nice car. You just don't want it to come at the expense of other good things, ya know. I know you love all this advice!!

Julie Ann said...

funny story, natalie traded in her bmw(suv) for a subaru outback, trying to be more practical. when she asked her three year old if he liked her new car he answered, "i liked the beemer." he had never called the car that while they had it. it is funny the stuff kids come up with. maybe JJ would like the upgrade in status, so he could be the coolest, most hip baby on the block...and the acura sure would be fun to drive...

megan&steve said...

Rach,
You would be one HOT mamma cruising in the Acura. I know you have been wanting a new SUV type of vehicle, rather than a sedan. I say go for it! White stays clean!