Thursday, May 31, 2007

FEELING GOOD

With our recent vacation schedule and overall sense of laziness, I have not made it to the gym in a few weeks. Today, however, I got myself up and out of bed, JJ bathed and dressed and made the nearly 25 minute drive to 24 hour fitness. All odds seemed against me as I got the Kids Club there and had to put JJ's names on a waiting list (they are pretty good about limiting the child to provider ratio). We sat and played until the numbers worked and I left JJ to get my work out on. As I rode the bike and started to feel the burn, I felt so energized and excited about being back at the gym. I had been so good about making the gym part of my routine before Bahamas, but had definitely fallen off the proverbial wagon since, that the workout did wonders for my mood and well-being. So, here is my message. I am re-committing myself right now exercise and healthy eating. Not just for aesthetic purposes, but for overall wellness. You know how you get that build of garbage in your system and you start to feel lathargic and miserable?? That has already started to melt away.. It has a ton to do with eating too, but for now, I am celebrating my mini-victory over myself to get back to the gym. YAY for me!

6 comments:

linlin said...

We must have been in the same mind-frame this morning. I actually got out and exercised today! Yay for us!

lys said...

Good for you! I can't live without the gym. It's nice to keep fit, but, more than anything, I do it because it keeps me sane. I always tell my husband that as long as I keep exercising that I'll never have to go on any anti-depressants. You just feel so good afterwards!!

megan&steve said...

Rachel, you are awesome. You have always been a HOT mamma and I'm glad you are Happy when working out. My workout place is in SLC near work, and I haven't been there in like 8394043 days. I need to recommit and have Jakes grandma watch him. She loves him.

Gustogirl said...

Good for you!! I turned over a new leaf myself this week and have worked out everyday!! It does feel good and it gives you a brighter outlook.

Beanie said...

I too am heading back to the gym after a few months off because I couldn't breathe. I love to do the elliptical because I can read at the same time. Two birds with one stone.

Midlife Mom said...

Good for you!! I am really trying to get a healthier lifestyle (eating and exercise) going over here.