Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dressed to Impress


Let me just say, that I have had one heck of a day. We are leaving for Bahamas in Two days, and I am swamped with getting things ready to leave. You always really need a vacation after getting ready for your vacation. Anyway, the trip is an all-paid reward for my husband and I that he earned for his performance last year. One of the nights we are there, they are throwing an ultra-formal event to honor the winners. I, of course do not have a thing to wear. Refusing to pay a lot of money on something that will just hang in my closet forever after, I thought I could just find a simple little black number to dress up with jewelry, hair, and shoes. I then found this dress from Target. It was just what I was looking for. Something I could use again, but the material and look was dressy enough for the event. I have gone to every Target around and apparently the manufactured two dresses for all of Salt Lake. The South Jordasn store was supposed to have one (and only one) in stock, so I drove there and enlisted the help of several red-shirted girls to help me search it out. No luck. Now, I have fallen in love with the dress, only to have it slip out of my hands. It is too late to order it online, so I guess that I will have to find seomthing else. What is a girl to do.

5 comments:

lindsey said...

Too bad! Cute dress. Have you tried Ann Taylor Loft? They sometimes have really cute dresses for a good price.

megan&steve said...

rach,
Bahamas so soon!!! yay!! Your page is awesome. The Park City Banana outlet is usually pretty good also. You might have found something by now though... let me know if I can help!

Gustogirl said...

I feel your pain. It seems that whenever I find something that I like they have it in every size but mine. That holds true no matter what size I am!!! Having had 3 babies I have fluctuated up and down and without fail, it is always the size I need that the store doesn't have. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Beanie said...

Here's a joke. "Some people get Pucci and Gucci mixed up. One is actually a designer of expensive clothes and one is actually a designer of expensive bags. They are going to merge and make baggy underwear and call it Pucci Gucci's."

Like a Star said...

beanie is a clever name, but after that post, I know who you are! ( i knew who you were before too)