Friday, May 25, 2007

Apathy vs Laziness

rMy sister and I were talking yesterday about our generation and apathy. I know so many people that look at the world and the bad things taking place and turn inward. For whatever reason, nothing seems to phase them. Does the knowledge that the bible gives us of the devastation before the second coming give those of us believers a free pass to "steer clear" of those who are trying to make that happen sooner rather than later? I am not one of those, but I still don't feel like I am doing much to fight it either. After all, I am a busy mom with a baby who needs me constantly and a pile of paperwork waiting to be worked on in the office. At least that is what I use as my excuse. Maybe I am just lazy. But I beleive that for everything there is a seaon, and I think that my season at present is better suited for changin diapers and cleaning up other goo. However, small actions still can help. For those who are interested in doing something small, I wanted to share this link because I, for one, hardly ever know how to get involved or be heard. Sign the petition to make sure that abstinence continues to be taught in our public schools. After all, I believe that children are the future. .. Teach them well, and let them lead the way. (Thanks Whit.)
http://www.ldsmag.com/familyleadernetwork/070525abstinence.html

No comments: