Sunday, April 29, 2007

Crossing Over

Last night I didn't sleep .. I just couldn't shake this feeling that I was pregnant again. This is a terrifying propostion seeing as how I have an eight month old boy that is becoming quite a handful. Regardless of my present feelings on the matter, I woke up every couple hours in a sweat fearing the worst. Now, let me just say, I have no basis whatsoever for this fear. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms (besides psychosomatic), and I have been well-protected. WHyam I so neurotic? I have no idea.

I think that we will wait until JJ is at least two or three to start even thinking about a possible second child.

Now, while I am on the subject of babies and motherood, I think that my stage of life is an interesting one. In the past month, I have been to four baby showers. Let me say, between family and friends, I have been to a large number ofr showers in my lifetime. Now, however, showers are different. You see, in my opinion, there are two people at showers... The ones who know what the mother to be should expect, and those who don't. I am now on the side of those who have been there. When we are supposed to give advice, I am supposed to know what to say, etc. The truth is, I am just trying to figure out my own path through parenting. It is a crap shoot, and I only hope that I am doing what is right. Anyway, that is part of what I am now losing sleep, I guess.

1 comment:

Gustogirl said...

That is really frightening!! You need to march yourself into the Dollar Tree and pick up a pregnancy test. Hey, at a dollar you don't feel like you wasted any money when the test comes up negative and you feel silly for worrying about it. You will know for sure that you're not,(hopefully) and you can quit fretting about it. That is the cheapest peace of mind around. I actually did that about a month ago. I got it into my head that I might be pregnant and I couldn't sleep one night. I thought about it the rest of the week and although I was 99.99% positive there was absolutely no way I was pregnant, I needed to know for sure. Thank you dollar tree, for those cheap tests that deliver the same results as the expensive ones!!!! Keep me posted on what you find!!!